119 North Road
Brentwood, NH 03833
tel. 603-679-2256, ext. 9068
Edward "Sandy" Buck, Treasurer
- The County Treasurer is an elected position covered under
Chapter 29 of the New Hampshire RSA’s. The Treasurer issues the
annual tax warrant to each of the municipal units for their
portion of the tax levy, maintains custody of all funds, and
obtains the necessary authorization to borrow funds when needed.
- New Hampshire residents all pay a county portion of their
property taxes to their municipality, which is passed on to the
County in one lump sum each December. The total amount due is
set by the County’s legislative delegation during the annual
budget process. The Department of Revenue apportions the total
due to each town based on their valuations.
- The Treasurer is the signatory on the county’s financial
accounts and works with the Finance Office to maintain the
integrity and security of all funds.
- All investments that the Treasurer makes are fully
collateralized and income derived from the investment of County
funds is returned to the treasury and is used to offset the tax
- Upon the approval of the Board of Commissioners and the
Delegation’s Executive Committee, the Treasurer may borrow funds
to satisfy the county’s budgetary obligations.
- Note that all property taxes in New Hampshire are
administered by the cities and towns, not the Counties. If you
require information regarding property tax payments, please
contact the city or town.